Work experience is essential for getting a job. The AFS Volunteer Program is aimed at young adults who want to clarify career goals and gain intercultural knowledge.
This 12-months program provides you with an easily accessible opportunity for effecting positive societal change through volunteering, while improving your skills and competences for personal, educational, and professional development. Non-formal and formal learning opportunities during the program will enable you to acquire essential competences for personal growth in order to become an Active Global Citizen, thereby improving your employment prospects and facilitating your transition into the labor market.
The project in this program is looking for young, highly motivated team members to play an active part in their organization and to contribute to the daily work routine of the organization.
Project Description: Montessori Kindergarten in Berlin
Within the Volunteer Program, AFS Germany offers the possibility to work in a bilingual Montessori Kindergarten in Germany. There are two volunteer spots available located in Berlin. As a volunteer you will be surrounded by children aged 1 to 6 years. You will work within a great team of highly educated kindergarten teachers. The underlying educational understanding of the project is based on the Montessori method. The Montessori method is often described as a philosophy that focuses on the child and its individuality. Most of the children and most of the educational team are bilingual.
- Kindergarten and daycare in the city of Berlin
- The Montessori method is often described as a philosophy that focuses on the child and its individuality.
- Taking care of children aged 1 to 6 years.
- Most of the children, like the educational team, are bilingual.
- The Kindergartens are regularly certified for their educational quality.
- Working language is German and English
- 12-months program participation