Travel to the stunning coastal province of Phang Nga, home to incredible islands and an abundance of natural beauty.
Project focuses change based on the needs at the time, a few examples of activities you can expect to participate in are listed below:
- conducting biodiversity and bird surveys for our partners in the national parks and on different islands,
- tourism management at parks/beaches,
- conducting species identification,
- assisting local staff at a turtle centre,
- leading environmental education classes at local schools,
- English lessons with research and National Park staff, beach/park clean ups etc.
We recently started to participate in Mangrove cleans along with working to monitor and assess tourist behavior and impact on the environment in these areas. This involves traveling through the mangroves by boat, canoe or foot to monitor fish and wildlife, while also cleaning up rubbish.
You will receive educational presentations to accompany your various conservation activities.