Volunteering with the Street Children can be a life-changing experience. You are expected to contribute in creative ways to impact the lives of the children, from teaching English in Non- Formal Education schools to teaching life skills, to Hip-Hop classes with a group of children to create a stimulating environment for them.
Your diverse backgrounds and perspectives can be enormously beneficial to the children. What’s more, as a volunteer here you will learn a lot too – not only about the Indian culture and the people and issues that we work with every day but also about yourself.
So if you want to make a difference in the lives of children this program is for you.
A volunteer should be someone who is:
- Interested in working with children and inspired by their spirit of survival.
- Creative and innovative, coming up with unique solutions on-the-spot.
- Generous and has a desire to give – not only time but thoughts, talents and skills.
- Flexible and independent, adapting to new environments easily and working within obvious resource constraints.
- Hard-working, and follows ideas through to implementation